Last week, Samourai Wallet’s Telegram account raised a lot of concerns. The official post stressed over the lack of privacy “secured” by the CoinJoin implementation of Wasabi.
Wasabi is a direct competitor to Samourai, so it’s natural that the accusations should be taken with a grain of salt. Regardless, Samourai’s accusations put some light on Wasabi’s wallet CoinJoin:
“If you use Wasabi and are mixing, let’s say 10 BTC, it’s entirely possible to track those 10 BTC when its peeled down into smaller UTXOS (unspent funds). To make things worse, the Wasabi outputs are following the order of registration. This means that with educated guesses, you can use the available information when inputs are inevitably merged in order to make a spend.”
Samourai is very harsh on CoinJoin
According to Samourai, this is by no means a private transaction.
“You literally leave breadcrumbs throughout the entire way.”
Additionally, Samourai executives have claimed that Wasabi’s implementation of ZeroLink routinely has between 30% and 60% of the inputs issued from the same previous transaction.
Samourai executives have also analyzed a transaction of a donation by the Wasabi team to the TOR anonymous network. After analyzing the transaction, they revealed to have linked a Wirex account and 38 fully mixed inputs to the donation itself.
The executive nicknamed SW, stated:
“We do not aim to take advantage of a competitor when they are having a hard time. On the contrary, our goal is to prevent this occurring on a broader scale. If this can happen to the professionals at Wasabi, then it’s without a doubt happening in a much larger scale where users with far less technical knowledge have no idea of what is actually happening or how to prevent it.”
You can also check out:
- KBC Coin: Yet Another Crypto Pyramid Scheme Revealed in India
- Counter-Cryptocurrency Against Libra Already in Development by China
- ICO Law Developments: No Law Came After 2018 to Prevent Scams
- Bitcoin Blenders Are Enforcers of Decentralization - Oct 7, 2019
- UK Exchange Rates after Brexit Vote Aftermath - Sep 15, 2019
- Chinese ASIC Manufacturer Bitmain Lost $625 Million - Aug 6, 2019
- Bitcoin Officially has 85% of its Total Supply in Circulation - Aug 5, 2019
- Pundi X and Samsung Collaboration: Integration of the XWallet - Aug 2, 2019
Know more than others on any Blockchain Party!
Join more than 5000 others to receive the breaking news and weekly summaries! No ICO spam, we promise.