Blockchain adoption is something extremely important for developing countries. Just recently Bulgaria’s first blockchain steps made it only the third county in the world with a digital ambassador. Only 2 other countries (Denmark and France) have such an official position.
Dr. Plamen Russev was appointed as the first goodwill Ambassador for Digital Affairs of Bulgaria by the country’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Dr. Russev is a well-known philanthropist and the current Executive Chairman of the Webit Foundation
Dr. Russev stated: “I am excited to see companies grow in scale and influence. They will inevitably impact more countries and I am looking forward to see which countries will put more effort in their foreign policy to reflect the new possibilities.”
The small Eastern European country is already making many blockchain steps towards adoption. Sofia, the country’s capital was referred to as a Digital Capital by media outlets from around the world. The city was also one of the top 10 in the world when it came to launching a startup. Webit was compared to SXSW, Burning Man and other very well-known tech and innovation events.
Blockchain steps need to be big and decisive
One of the first issues Dr. Russev wanted to look into was the ties between Bulgaria and global tech companies. He also said he will work on growing the tech transfer from and to the country as well as support outsourcing of digital companies. Russev believes that the main areas that companies should invest in, not only in Bulgaria are IoT, AI and Blockchain.
On November 5th, Dr. Russev received the official document by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria in a ceremony held in Sofia. Deputy Minister Stoyanov wasn’t short on praises as he stated:
“The Ministry has the highest praise for Dr. Russev’s activities both nationally and internationally. He is an entrepreneur, pioneer and founder. For nearly 10 years, he has send a clear message to every country and company that Bulgaria is a reliable and safe place to invest in. The promotion of our country as a digital, technological and outsourcing center cannot be placed into better hands.”
You can also check out:
- Blockchain to Airdrop $125 Million of XLM to its Users
- Parity Partners with Zcash Foundation to Decentralize Zcash (ZEC)
- Silk Road: The Story of Millions of Dollars, Bitcoin and Warped Ideals
- Captcha Can be Ended: Decentralized Solutions for the Bot Problem
- CENTRE Consortium Expanding: More Members Gain Access to USDCs - Jun 14, 2019
- Bitcoin Theft has to be Answered Personally by Craig Wright - Jun 13, 2019
- Blockchain-based Tools to be Used After Improvements from Microsoft - Jun 12, 2019
- CCN Shutdown and The Inevitable Surrender to Google’s Power - Jun 11, 2019
- Ban Bitcoin ATMs: Money Laundering Blamed on Crypto ATMs - Jun 10, 2019
Know more than others on any Blockchain Party!
Join more than 5000 others to receive the breaking news and weekly summaries! No ICO spam, we promise.